All our carers and office staff caring for clients are being asked to:
- Remove outdoor shoes and wear indoor shoes in clients homes
- Wash their hands on entering the home
- Wear gloves for any personal care and medication administration
- Remove or change gloves before touching a clean surface or item
Wash their hands before preparing any food or drinks
- Wash their hands before leaving a client's home
- Use hand sanitiser when getting into their car and ensure that any door handles, steering wheels etc., are wiped down with anti-bacterial wipes.
- Wear aprons at every visit
- Wear single use Type IIR Masks at every visit
- Safely dispose of used PPE and Personal Care items in a prescribed Waste Bag
To protect our carers we would also ask that clients and families follow these guidelines:
- When visiting a relative follow the guidelines above.
- Please ensure that clients homes are cleaned and door handles, light switches and other touch points are regularly wiped with an anti-bacterial agent.
- Ensure that enough food and drinks are available in the home.
- Any family member that experiences any Covid-19 symptoms call 111 and self isolates if required.
- Any family member that lives with a client maintains their own hygiene levels.